Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Share and Voice: Make a Difference

Hey everyone! I found this cool site that offers great ideas to make a difference for the environment right here in Duluth. It is the American Towns website. There is a lot of different options to pick from such as... Local Foods near Duluth, Recycling Guide for Duluth, Energy Efficient Products, Saint Louis County Pollution Report Scorecard, Nature Conservancy projects in Minnesota, Minnesota Environmental Protection and many MORE~ just thought I'd share it with you all! I hope you find something useful

3 comments:

  1. This is a site that will link you to lots of information! I discovered that St. Louis Co. has two SuperFund sites (uncontrolled hazardous waste sites that qualify for federal clean up assistance). I actually drive by one on the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Website Shannon! I looked around a bit and found out some really interesting things. I looked at the St. Louis County Report Scorecard. It contained some really shocking information. I thought that it was really cool that the Scorecard was on this Website because that was one of the quizzes that I took for our Ecological Footprint assignment. I also really enjoyed looking at the Recycling Guide for Duluth. It was really interesting to see where people can recycle their old electronics, oil, and even hazardous waste. When I think of recycling, I think of recycling plastic, aluminum, glass, and paper. So, this was really cool to see that recycling can go farther. This will be something I will keep in mind. Great Resource!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! these are great websites. Its a great tool for me since I'm new in Duluth. So thanks! I'm sure they have websites like these in my home town in the Cities so I'd try and find them.
    Good job, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete