Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflection: The last 2 weeks 15 & 16


Wow, I can't believe it is all over....a month ago I thought we'd never see the end but looking back on everything we have done in this class time really flew by!


WEEK 15

During week 15 we all had to find an online learning activity that either related to our advocacy topic or something health related that we were interested in. I found fun activity for kids dealing with learning how to eat healthy and what foods belonged in what food groups. On Tuesday, Dr. V had Sue Whitney come to class and teach us all how to become JUNKERS! Sue gave us all a copy of her book Junk Beautiful which was really generous and useful! Dr. V also gave us a challenge to make something creative out of something else to show in class. On Thursday, we found out the winners of the challenge who got Sue's other book. We finished up the class outside in the courtyard at UMD with everyone telling what their favorite part of the class was. It was a beautiful day and a great way to end the class.


WEEK 16

Our class didn't meet during week 16 but we still had postings to do. We had to try out our web groups online learning activities and post a eye opener about each one. My group found some really good activities that were fun to try out. This week was a little stressful for me because of the finals and all the end of semester stuff that was due, but I am glad it's all over. I really enjoyed this class, it was unlike any other class I've taken which is good :) I hope everyone has a wonderful summer and keep up the good work~!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your final post! I really have loved reading your posts. I agree that this class just flew by. I as well, really enjoyed this class. It was so different from anything I had ever taken before. I loved how on the last day we went outside. I feel like it was very fitting. Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great final post :) It has been a pleasure having class with you, and reading all your posts all semester. Have a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete