Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 13 and 14


Hello Everyone, these past two weeks flew by and were a lot of fun!


WEEK 13
During week 13 we all met up at Bagley Nature Area and learned how to use a compass and navigate our way through the woods. There were 14 different stations, we split up into groups and used the markings on the trees and our compasses to find all the different stations. It was a beautiful day and it was really nice to get out of the classroom.
WEEK 14
During week 14 we had someone currently working for Americorp come talk to us. This was really cool because he was actually working at UMD and he was in Grad school, he seemed really driven and was an inspiration. During the end of week 14 Dr. V brought a bag full of "stuff" to class, we broke up into our web groups, and came up with different ways we could use the different items. I really enjoyed this activity because it made everyone think out of the box and there were a lot of great ideas!


I can't believe we are almost done....keep up the good work everyone!!~Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. I as well loved the day outside learning how to navigate. Navigation seems like such an important skill to know. I now feel like I have a better shot at surviving, if I got lost in the woods. YAY! I also really enjoyed the "junking challenge" we did last week. It was really fun to watch everyone's creative juices flowing. Good luck on our last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the past two weeks as well. A lot of really cool things were thrown at us, and I did learn a lot. I got a lot out of all the activities we've done. Im glad you enjoyed them as well :) Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the past two weeks as well. It was fun being out on such a beautiful day. It's unfortunate I couldn't make it on Thursday, but I sure it was a lot of fun.:) See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Sara I now know that if I ever get lost I don't need to count on a compass because I've got a sense of direction to go north. Didn't think I would have such a good time navigating through the woods.

    ReplyDelete