Friday, May 8, 2009

Advocacy Project: The Food Groups Game

Title:
Food Groups Game
Reasoning:
So I couldn't find a game that would promote people not being able to sue companies for getting injured while overweight but I did find a fun game for kinds to play to teach them the different food groups.
Purpose:
My hope is that if kids know about the different food groups and which foods belong in them they can make healthier choices. The game is called The Food Groups Game and it's an interactive game where kids drag and drop different foods into the food group it belongs in. The food group spaces vary in size showing how much is needed from each group, for example the grains space is much larger that the oils/extra space. I found this game on the Sheppard's Software Nutrition for Kids website which also offers fun health games called Food Group Drop Game, and Food Group Frenzy.

Instructions:
  • Click on this The Food Groups Game hyperlink
  • Press the PLAY button in the middle of the screen
  • Start dragging and dropping different foods into the provided food groups

hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cool game for kids. I can't wait to play it. I think that it is really important for there to be games like this for kids. Children really need to learn the importance of good nutrition at an early age. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw...Shannon you got me!..:) The first time around I got a score "0", then I paused then and said "there must be something wrong with the way this game is set up", so took it again and got a score 210! It was fun...good job finding it!

    ReplyDelete