Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Share and Voice: Planetary Parenting


Planetary Parenting

So this topic doesn't exactly relate to me yet but one of my really good friends is about to have a baby and I found a couple good tips to keep your baby clean and green!

Diapers:
There are cloth diapers that can be washed and reused but if your like me and probably would never use cloth diapers they have biodegradable diapers that can be tossed, flushed, or composted!

Food:
The most natural way to go is breast milk and like we saw on the video The Story About Stuff today, breast is best. But, when babies start to eat solid food, home cooked healthy meals are way above baby food from a jar

Fashion:
I know its fun to dress them up and make them look even more adorable but of you can try to use hand-me-downs unless its a special occasion.

*all these are good money savers too*

Hope these were helpful...maybe not yet but maybe in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon...what a great idea for a share and voice. I had no idea that there were ways to parent greenly. Lets start with the diapers...I am the same as you... there is absolutely no way I could use cloth diapers, but the idea of biodegradable ones sound cool. I also think that wearing hand-me-downs is a good idea. There is no need to get cute new outfits for babies, when they are going to grow out of them in a couple of months. I say shop garage sales. I will definitely keep these tips in mind for my future.

    ReplyDelete