Thursday, April 2, 2009

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

Hey Everyone! For my photo Essay I decided to go on a hunt to find all the different ways people choose to recycle. I found many different types of recycling bins on campus and around Duluth. We all know how important it is to recycle and I think these pictures prove how easy it is.


This is a recycle bin for cans and inkjets, in the Humanities building
These are 2 bins to recycle paper located in the Writing Dept. at UMD, the smaller one is for mixed paper.

These are a couple different containers in front of the library at UMD. The bins are for paper, cans, and plastic bottles.

This is another variety of
recycle bin in a hall at UMD.

Two other types of bins in the library at UMD.
This is a hallway in the Humanities Dept. showing three different bins.
This one is totally different from the rest but I seriously found this in my neighborhood.

Unfortunately, some people have recycle bins but do not put them to use :(


I never noticed how many recycling containers there are around us but after this Photo Essay, I see them everywhere. Like these pictures show, it is really easy to find a place to recycle, even if you don't have access to a fancy blue container for your recyclables you can make your own. The sad thing is to see some of these containers not in use. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pictures and keep on recycling!

4 comments:

  1. Cool essay Shannon! I had no idea that there were so many different types of recycling bins in UMD. I would never have thought of that as a topic. I was especially excited to hear that there are recycling bins for inkjets. I never really know what to do with mine when they are empty. I currently have one I need to dispose of, so thanks to your post, I know right where to go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Shannon! I agree with you that I have never really noticed all the areas available to recycle properly until this class, and I have opened my eyes to the options around me everywhere I go! So this is great to know about the different areas school has as well. Nice job on your Photo Essay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that lately. It's awesome that practically every corner you turn at UMD there is a recycling bin of some sort. Ha...whoever made the one in your neighborhood might want to create a bin that bottles can't fall out of the side...but I'm glad there taking things into their own hands. Good topic Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I've read viewed you photo essay I'm going to start noticing these recycling bins more often and hopefully recycle more often as well. So thanks for that!:) Good job on your post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete