Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 9 and 10


Well...two more weeks have come and gone. These past two weeks were a little different than the previous weeks but it was a nice change!


During week 9 we learned about advocacy and the 7th responsibility as health educators which is to advocate for health education. For our first part of the advocacy project we were assigned to post about our local political leaders, their names, and contact information. Also during week 9 we learned tips on how to take good pictures for our photo essay that was due during week 10.


During week 10 we didn't meet for class because Dr. V was in Florida for the APPHERD convention-lucky gal! It was nice to have one less class for a week and it gave me more time to focus on other classes and my photo essay. Our directions for the photo essay was to find something that interested you and had something to do with the environment. When this was first assigned I thought this was going to be quite a challenge. I thought about what I was going to do for about a week and my first idea was to compare the pollution in west and east Duluth. Unfortunately we had a snow storm during week 10 even though its APRIL ~ all the snow covered the ground and I needed to find a plan B. I decided to look for all the different recycling bins around school and the city. This was fun and opened my eyes to how many places there are to recycle.
The last two weeks were fun and out of the ordinary so I am looking forward whats to come in the next couple weeks! Thanks for reading...have a good week!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture Shannon..very pretty! I too enjoyed the nice little break we had this week, but am eager to get back into the swing of things. see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like that picture Shannon.:) That past two weeks were different, and I liked the change too. I also like doing the photo essay assignment more than I thought i would. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was really nice to have that week off from class. Allowed for me to focus on other classes as well. But I'm ready to get back into the swing of it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Shannon! I also enjoyed the week off. I as well found the photo essay a little intimidating at first because I am really not a creative person, but once I got going it was really fun! I have always been interested in recycling, so that is what I did mine on. I am sorry that your fist idea didn't work out because of the snow...but your second idea was really cool too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete