Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 1 & 2

We have now been in Environmental Health for two weeks/four class periods. So far we have gotten an overview of what to expect from this course and learned how to set up a blog. I have never been introduced to blogging before so this has all been new for me. I have learned how to create my blog, how to subscribe to others blogs, how to add gadgets, how to use Google Reader, and many other exciting things.

Our first week of class we got the basics down of creating our blog and also did a "Star Wars" activity which got us to think out of the box and compromise with our classmates. This past week has been all about refining our blogs. We have had to meet the requirements that our professor, Dr. V., has set for us which has taken me quite sometime. I am starting to become more familiar with the blogging process and more confident in what I am doing.

We haven't had much time to learn about the environment in these last two weeks but now that most of us are more familiar with what we are doing I think we will start getting into the health aspect of our environment. It was frustrating when we first started but I know that I am getting better and I have already learned a lot. I'm looking forward to learning more about our environment and becoming a pro at blogging.

4 comments:

  1. I am also completely new to blogging. It has been kind of a struggle for me, and it definitely took me a long time to complete the requirements that Dr. V. had for us. I am glad that you are becoming more confident in what you are doing! I think that you will do great! I am really excited to see how our blogs improve! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you’re getting the hang of blogging; I am still trying to figure out how it all works. I am sure we going to spend a lot more time learning about the environment since everyone is starting to get the hang to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have the hang of it! Your blog looks great! Just keep doing what you are doing! I like all the cool gadgets you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I LOVE your picture on the top of your blog Shannon, it is Beautiful. So very calming. The way you have it set up is nice as well, it is easy to see and to navigate through. I also have to agree with you on the frustration this has been, but I think if we can all work together throughout the semester, we will get through it!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete